Today the Jr Youth Sunday School Class delivered the message in our service. They worked hard on this for many weeks and the feedback on their efforts has been very positive. They each shared a character or story from the Bible that grabbed their interest, and spoke about something they liked, or that made them wonder. Their topics were as follows:
- The Sneaky Snake (Genesis: 3)
- On one hand it seems good that people gained awareness and knowledge, but we also see that this was the result of being tricked. Also interesting to note the connection between this story and the Apple Computers logo.
- The Creation Story (Genesis: 1/2)
- What would the world be like today if Adam and Eve had not been tricked into eating the apple?
- The Thief on the Cross (Luke: 23)
- This person is interesting because we don’t know very much about him. The story is powerful because it shows a path to forgiveness.
- Jacob and Esau and the Blessing (Genesis: 27)
- This story is interesting because of the way Jacob tricks his father. It is not fair for the oldest sibling to get the whole inheritance of a family. I would not like it if my older sister got everything.
- Jonah and the Whale (Jonah: 1)
- I was interested in this story because it seems outrageous. It is hard to believe that a whale could hold a person in its mouth for 3 days. Jonah ran from God at first but later trusted God.
- David and Goliath (1 Samuel: 17) and Noah and the Ark (Genesis: 6)
- These stories share a common theme of faith and confidence in God. In both stories a person does something that others around him would not think possible.
All the children in our church are such a blessing. Our younger kids are also getting involved as they collect coin offerings to raise money to buy goats for families in need. Thank you kids!